Tuesday 27 March 2012

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


For a magazine to be bought by many people the institution that the creator chooses to go with must be suitable for your magazine and have the power to distribute your magazine to the people, be able to fund everything and ensure that they have a large audience.

After extensive media research I have decided that Bauer media would be the appropriate media institution to go with due to the fact they have FHM and Zoo magazine which are both appealing to men as is mine. I think that although I have the competition of these two magazines mine would have the edge of music which would make it different from the rest. My magazine would fit in here because the institution has a vast range of businesses and I feel that adding my magazine would widen its horizons.


The Bauer media offers a lot of different ways of getting my magazine out there. They are offering horizontal integration as they have a number of different platforms; magazines, TV and radio which allows my magazine to be advertised through all of these. Not only does it do that but it gives my magazine the chance to be broadcast through this, i.e. UP radio. 


Bauer media probably has the most competition with 'Conde Nast' as they are one of the most popular publishing houses in the world. They offer a vast range of magazines, yet do not have a music magazine so Bauer would storm ahead in music magazines. 

Another reason why I feel this institution is good for my magazine is because they also have many magazines which have cross media coverage such as radio, website and mobile presence which I think will help market my magazine. The resources they have would help further my magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment