Wednesday 4 April 2012

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


During the time I have been constructing my music magazine I have encountered a range of different technologies and programmes which I would not of come across before. Using these programmes allowed me to develop the skills I needed to do the work and also possibly in further life. The programmes allowed me to create my final piece professionally and easily!

Blogger
One of the main programmes I used was ‘Blogger’ which allowed me to show people the stages I went through, my research, selection process and other steps I went through to create my final piece. Blogger made it easy to document what I had been doing and my final pieces.
The initial thing I had to do when starting up my blog was choosing the design on my blog. I did not want to go for anything too over the top and wanted to ensure that it was easy to read and the user did not get distracted. I also wanted the design feature to be easy to navigate through.

Another thing I had to ensure was efficient was the labelling system. I could not have the blog with just posts so ensured I labelled them. I used the labels; Preliminary task, main task, research, target audience, evaluation and planning for the labels so the user could differentiate the different sections which I had put my work into. Each piece of work has a label on it and these are visible at the side of the blog for the user to click on.

I also had to put multimedia onto my blog, such as Youtube clips and pictures which allows the user to see diversity to the blog. Luckily this was fairly simple and not hard!

Camera
For my pictures I used a Canon 7D which is a great camera and ensures my images are not blurry. The pictures were taken with this camera as I thought they would be better quality that the previous ones I took before with an iPhone therefore I felt it best to go with a high quality camera to get the best results.  

Photo shop
Photoshop was my original choice to design my magazine on, however after attempting to do so I decided to go with another programme. Although photoshop is a efficient programme I felt it was not good for me therefore I only used it to edit photos.


For my double page spread I used photo shop to edit the main photo. I used it because it a great programme for editing, therefore I felt it best to use. I found it difficult to use at first but after a while I learnt how to. I adjusted certain settings to make sure that the photo went exactly how I wanted it to go.

I also edited the photo on the front to make it black and white and also removed any marks from the background.

Corel Draw
Corel Draw was a completely new programme to me as I have never used it before ,and after decided to use it instead of photoshop, and found it quite hard to use. Corel draw has many features which are used to make a magazine and it is very professional.

Corel draw was the programme I used to design all of my coursework on and I found it very efficient to do so. I like that I could make it look like a magazine and it appeared seemingly easy to use after getting use to the software. I like Corel Draw because it gave me a vast range of things to use.

Corel Draw was efficient because it was easy to use after and while and effectively got the work done. I liked it because it made my finished product what I wanted it to be and I doubt the other software available would of done the same.

Internet
I used the internet a lot in my project as I researched a lot of different things. I also used it to see what other music magazines were writing about and what kind of thing was popular in their magazine.

The internet was an extremely useful tool to identify which kind of magazine does what and how I could form mine around this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment